Honor 8x Emui 10
Late last year, Huawei sub-brand Honor unrolled the Android 10-based EMUI 10 beta update for Honor 8X in China also as other global markets. Soon after in January 2020.
Honor said that it’s within the end of EMUI 10 beta testing for Honor 8X.
therefore the stable update are going to be released as early because the third week of January.
As per promise, the Android 10 (EMUI 10) stable update is rolling out for Honor 8X [JSN-L22, JSN-L21, L42, L11]. it’s currently available for Honor 8X models in India while the worldwide users got to wait some time.
The latest software update for Honor 8X is rolling out via OTA and brings the version EMUI 10.0.0.170(C675E15R1P1).
it’s about 3.53GB in size and brings up-to-date security patches also as all the main features of EMUI 10.
- Magazine Design: Incorporates a magazine-style layout, for a easier and authentic reading experience.
- Morandi Color: Understand gray tones bring a gentler and easier display. Animations: Dynamic, naturally-based animations for page transitions, app launches, and other scenarios.
How to download and install the Honor 8x Emui 10 Update
Although the subsequent update process is free from data loss, we advise you to make a backup of all of your important data to a safer place. this may helps to revive if any mishap occurs.
Also, some third-party apps that aren’t compatible with Android 10 may function incorrectly after the update. We recommend you to update these apps to their latest versions in-app store.
There are three alternative ways through which you’ll upgrade Honor 8X to Android 10 software. These are via the Settings App, HiCare app, and HiSuite (Huawei PC Suite). Users can choose anybody method to put in the EMUI 10 OS.
Method 1: Update via Settings
This is one of the only methods to update your Huawei phone to EMUI 10 ROM. Users got to attend Settings > System > Software update and tap on “Check for updates”. Here you’ll see the entire changelog of the EMUI 10 update. Hit the button “DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL”. That’s it! EMUI 10 firmware is going to be automatically downloaded and install on your device.
Method 2: Update via HiCare
Another method to update your Huawei phone to EMUI 10 ROM. Here you would like an app called ‘HiCare’ to see the newest software update. Follow the below steps for the same:
- Download and install the newest version of the HiCare app on your device.
- Open the app and login together with your Huawei ID. Doesn’t have one, check here to make a replacement Huawei ID.
- After successfully signing-in, select your country and agree “Permissions and user agreement”.
- Select the ‘Service’ section from the highest of the screen then choose the ‘Update’ icon.
- Now you would like to tap for the asking update > Apply.
- HiCare app will start checking out EMUI 10 update. If available, tap on “Download and install” to start out downloading the update.
- Once installed, the device will reboot to the newest firmware.
Method 3: Update via HiSuite
HiSuite is a politician Android Smart Device Manager tool that permits connecting Huawei and Honor to Windows/Mac PC without the necessity of USB Drivers. It lets perform several tasks like backup, system recovery, restore, and most significantly software update. Here we’ve steps to update Huawei/Honor to EMUI 10 OS via the HiSuite.
- Download the HiSuite on your PC.
- Connect the Huawei phone with PC employing a standard USB cable.
- Open the HiSuite app on your PC.
- within the HiSuite main screen, you’ll see the device model number. this means that the connection between your Huawei phone and PC has been successfully established.
- Now you would like to click on “Update” located at rock bottom right of the HiSuite screen.
- The tool will start checking out the EMUI 10 updates. If available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
- Once done, the device will automatically boot to the newest EMUI 10 firmware.
Already received the Android 10 update on your Honor 8X? Then don’t forget to share your experience within the below comment box.